Friday, September 4, 2009

No amount of coffee in the world could prepare you...

I actually got to enjoy two nights in a row of a uninterrupted sleep! This is a true golden moment in my morning this morning. I thought that this was the preface to a great day.....boy, was I wrong!! I kept Nate home from daycare to spend time with him, as every loving mother would love to do, but, now I am almost wishing that I had let him go this morning!! Not only did we have poop up to our ears, but we have successfully flip ourselves over off of my lap and almost went head first into the concrete floor. Not that this would be the first time, but scary none the less. Then we flail ourselves out of our swing because we are so tired the thought of being calm and peaceful in a swinging motion was too unfathomable for a 6 month old!! Mommy would take it in a heartbeat...no flailing necessary!! Now, in the event that you have a screaming infant 2 feet away from you basically begging to be let out of his swing, I give you this sound advice...DO NOT, I repeat, DO NOT pick up your cup of coffee for a sip of solace before you go console the screaming demon!!! This only ends up being the icing on the cake of your day and it is only 9:15am. I did this, you see, and I spilled my piping hot coffee all down the front of my self soaking my boobs, stomach, legs and toes...now I am sticky, I smell like vanilla and I think I even got coffee in my hair. lovely.....what a great start to Mommy/Nate day!!

No comments:

Post a Comment